TLC’s Cocoa office moved to Melbourne and completed a stunning renovation of the offices at the start of the COVID 19 pandemic. The transformation was meant to provide a healthy, comfortable, and energy-efficient environment for our employees and guests to enjoy. We are proud to announce, those efforts earned the office a LEED for Commercial Interiors v4 Silver Certification.
Some key sustainability improvements that we have made to our office include:
- LED light fixtures were installed with vacancy sensors and dimming controls for all occupants. At the perimeter, daylight harvesting has been incorporated to allow these areas to utilize natural light when available.
- High-Efficiency HVAC Systems and LED light fixtures allowed the Melbourne office to realize 27% energy cost savings over a code-minimum building.
- Water-use reduction was accomplished through dual-flush water closets and low-flow urinals in all public restrooms. These water fixtures allowed the Melbourne office to reduce water use by almost 50% over the calculated baseline.
- The majority of the interior finishes products on the project are certified with Environment Product Declarations, Health Product Declarations, and low-to-no VOC products. These certifications help to create a space that contributes to the health and wellness of the occupants.
- TLC’s JUST certification, a social equity certification that TLC has held since 2016, allowed the project to earn an additional pilot credit for social equity within the design team.
Having completed over 460+ LEED certified projects, we are honored to add TLC Melbourne to the list!
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is the most widely used green building rating system in the world. Available for virtually all building types, LEED provides a framework for healthy, highly efficient, and cost-saving green buildings. LEED certification is a globally recognized symbol of sustainability achievement and leadership.