Registered LEED v4 Core & Shell, Targeting Gold Certification
Targeting WELL Core Certification
The new corporate headquarters is a 7-story, Class A office building spanning approximately 140,000 square feet with a 640 space detached parking structure that includes 30 electric charging stations. It contains a mix of enclosed offices and open office areas, visitor lobby, cafeteria, and collaborative spaces, as well as an emergency operations center and substantial emergency power capabilities. The JEA district cooling water plant distributes chilled water to the building.
The building is designed to LEED v4 Core and Shell standards and is targeting Gold certification. It is also pursuing WELL Core certification, with a goal of Bronze level certification.
The team has incorporated a number of sustainability and resiliency strategies into the design to improve the overall operation, performance, and lifespan of the building, including:
- de-coupled HVAC cooling system with dedicated outside air (DOAS) units increase energy efficiency by 15 percent over traditional VAV system
- district chilled water, with ability to connect portable chiller to the building
- high efficiency LED lighting systems with high color rendering, occupancy sensors, and active daylighting controls
- open floor design and flexible infrastructure to facilitate changing tenant needs
- impact-resistant, insulated glazing system
- high-efficiency, low-flow plumbing fixtures
- sub-metering of all major energy and water systems
- critical electrical equipment located on 2nd floor, above flood level
- ability to connect portable generator to building